Thursday 5 April 2012

My fallen love... Elizabeth Taylor.



I was browsing through the tweeters I follow on Twitter and came across this...


It made me so sad to see that her last tweet was in February, 2011.
It might not mean a lot to anyone else but she was my ultimate inspiration.
While I sat at home and avoided being bullied... I watched Miss Taylor almost everyday.
When I was sad my mum would bring me The Elizabeth Taylor Story with Sherilyn Fenn or one of her movies.
I was completely in love with this woman!
This picture is still my phone background...


Yes, I love Marilyn Monroe and Audrey Hepburn but not even an inch on how much I adored Elizabeth Taylor.
Not even close.
I haven't filled my collection of her movies yet but I will... soon!
I could watch Cleopatra until my eyes bled and I'd still be in love!
She inspired my style, confidence, make up, attitude.

I even style my eyebrows on hers.


It was a sad, sad day when she left us!
There will never be another for me. Stunning.

And don't forget what she fought so hard for...



Katy x

2 comments:

  1. Elizabeth Taylor was definitely in a league of her own- loved all her movies, but especially Father of the Bride :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Father of the Bride.
      I nearly died when I said to my friend... "I prefer the original one, not the Steve Martin version" and she said "there's an original?!"...

      Argh.

      Delete

Thank you so much for the comment and I promise to reply as soon as possible!
Have a lovely day!
Katy x